Today's Theme:  Breakfast
 
Breakfast, what an important meal of the day, why not create a storytime around it!



In the picture you see a monkey amongst the books.  What I did during storytime, (some of you may be familar with this), was told the kids that I have a special friend visiting.  His name starts with an "M".  I gave the kids a little time to guess and once they gave up I showed them the "monkey"!  I told the kids that the monkey likes to sniff their fingers and guess what they ate for breakfast.  The kids thought this was hilarious!  So I walked around, (I had a small group this morning), and sniffed each child's fingers, then had the monkey whisper in my ear what he thought they ate then told the child.  I said normal stuff like cereal or eggs and I also said silly things like lasagna and hambugers.  Then I sat the monkey in my lap and read the stories. 

Below the first few books were what I read during storytime and the rest of the list are other options depending on the age of your group.
  • If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff
  • We're Making Breakfast for Mother by Shirley Neitzel
  • My Square Breakfast by Mark Shulman
  • Hey, Pancakes! by Tamson Weston
  • Pancakes for Breakfast by Tomie DePaola
  • Who's Been Eating My Porridge? by M. Christina Butler
  • Breakfast for Jack by Pat Schories
  • If You Give a Dog a Donut by Laura Numeroff
  • If You Give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Numeroff
  • Mr. Wolf's Pancakes by Jan Fearnley
  • Foxy and Egg by Alex T. Smith
  • Perfect Pancakes by William Wise
  • Pancakes, Pancakes by Eric Carle
  • Tyler Makes Pancakes by Tyles Florence

Visit the Matteson Public Library at 801 S. School St., Matteson, IL 60443 or call 708-748-4431 to reserve a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment